Caesar Salad


Quick post today. I have made several recipes for Caesar Salad in the past, but this is my favorite and very easy. Just throw all the ingredients in a blender and process for 30 seconds.  For variety or to make a full meal, you can add bacon, grilled chicken or shrimp.

Caesar Salad happens to be my mothers favorite thing to eat, so I will be making this for her when she visits on Tuesday. I am going to avoid the "you cook all these beautiful dishes for your blog, but all your mother gets is a cracker" landmine.

I am going to hook her up!

Dressing:
1 teaspoon of minced garlic
4 anchovy fillets
2 egg yolks
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
2 lemons, juiced
1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
1/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus extra for garnish
Freshly ground black pepper
Croutons

2 heads romaine lettuce

Directions:
Put the garlic, anchovies, egg yolks, mustard and lemon juice into a blender and process for 30 seconds until the mixture is smooth. With the blender running, pour the olive oil in slowly for the dressing to emulsify. Stir in the Parmesan, a pinch of salt and a couple of grinds of black pepper; set aside.

Tear Romaine lettuce into a large bowl. Add enough dressing to coat the salad to your liking. Add some extra Parmesan and Croutons and toss the salad well.  Serve immediately.

Adapted
 

3 comments:

Rads said...

How many days would this dressing stay edible if I store it in the fridge? And I am going to skip the anchovies :D

Christine and Daryl said...

You'd better at least have homemade croutons - got to keep it real for your Moms!

Raina said...

Hi Antonette! It is Lorraine T. Karen told me you had a blog. Your blog is really nice. Your photos are amazing. Funny that we both have food blogs. I guess great minds think alike..lol My pictures are stinky but I am enjoying it:)