Peaches over cream cheese filled Crepes


I have been neglecting my blogging lately and decided I could not wait one more day to post..... and made that decision on the hottest day of the summer thus far.  It hit 100 degree's and it was front and center news on everyone's facebook status. Who was melting....who was at the pool....who had nine air conditioners cranking....ect, ect. I have not broken out my air conditioner yet and as far as I'm concerned, they are all sissys and just to show them what cry-baby's I think they are, I figured I would be a real martyr and cook in this heat. I showed them!  Of course, I am not that insane that I turned on the oven. It was stove top all the way for this girl. I also needed to create something with ingredients that were already in the house. I had some ripe peaches and I got about as creative as wanting something warm with those peaches and came up with Crepes. 
I boogied home from work late because of delays on the train, got through the door and walked right into the kitchen. I blended the crepe batter, stuck that in the fridge, changed out of my work clothes and cut the peaches while watching Food Network, then I melted the butter and started sauteing the peaches,  I mixed the cream cheese filling, poured the crepe batter in the pans, twirled the pan and  assembled the dessert pretty quickly.  Couple pictures on the old digital and I do mean old digital and I sat down to eat my dessert. It was delicious. I mean really good. I used Grand Marnier in the batter and in the sauteed peaches and it was a knock-out and guess what, I didn't even break a sweat.
The crepes can be made in advance and frozen for up to 2 months.

Sauteed Peaches:
Ingredients:
3 tbsp butter
8 ripe, peeled and sliced peaches
1 cup brown sugar (use less if peaches are sweet)
2 tsp Grand Marnier

Melt 3 tbs of butter in large skillet over medium heat. Add peaches, brown sugar and Grand Marnier liqueur and saute for about 5 minutes until peaches are soft.

Crepes:
Ingredients:
2 large eggs
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup water
1 cup flour
3 tbs melted butter
2 1/2 tsp sugar
2 tbs grand manier
1 tbs vanilla

Combine all ingredients in the blender and pulse for 10 seconds. Let the batter rest in the refridgerator for one hour. Spray medium size pan with cooking spray or butter. When pan is hot, add about an ounce of crepe mix and swirl pan in a circular motion. Don't worry about creating a perfect circle and feel free to use the first crepe as a tester. My first crepe looked like a bloated spider, so no need to go for perfection.  This is easier then you might imagine. Once one side is done, approximately 30 seconds, flip and cook for 10 seconds on the flip side, let cool.

Cream cheese filling:
Ingredients:
8 oz cream cheese
1 cup powdered sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tbs grated orange or lemon zest

In large bowl with hand mixer beat all ingredients for cream cheese filling

To Assemble: Place 2 heaping tablespoons of cream cheese filling across the middle of crepe and fold in the opposite sides and roll up. Spoon sauteed peaches over crepes. Serve immediately.



No comments: