Carrot-Ginger Salad Dressing


Several people have asked me recently why I haven't blogged in awhile and I really didn't think anyone noticed... and to be honest, it was only my daughter and her boyfriend, but still....I said to myself... I better get on it! No more excuses about work and the new house. My fan(s) look forward to my posts!



I have been on a mission to find the Carrot-Ginger dressing you get in Japanese restaurants. I have literally had a craving for it and I wanted to find a good bottled version in the supermarket. My daughter and I usually make all of our meals for work  and even though we try to keep it simple, it can be time consuming, so finding a pre-made, bottled dressing saves time and clean up. I haven't had much luck in finding this dressing recently, so I just decided to find a recipe and tweak it a bit and I am glad I did. So much better then the bottled version and less time then it took searching. Best part, it all goes in one blender and your done.
Something to note: I used a mellow, organic light miso which I didn't realize was so salty and I love salt. I would recommend low-sodium soy sauce if your watching your sodium intake.

Ingredients:
2 whole carrots - diced
1/4 large sweet onion
1/3 cup of ginger - peeled and diced
2 Tbs dark sesame oil
2 Tbs rice wine vinegar
1 Tbs sugar
2 Tbs soy sauce
2 ounces miso paste

Place all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until very pureed. Toss with romaine or iceberg lettuce

2 comments:

Chelsea said...

This was amazing! I have been looking for this recipe for forever and your version is exactly what I was searching for.

FYI- I don't consume sugar, but I used ideal (which is basically xylitol) and I never would have known. Same measurement.

Anonymous said...

great recipe! thankyou!