Chick peas and Spinach



One of my favorite dishes ever and so easy to make. This is my version which has plenty of flavor just the way it is.  I served this dish at a dinner party recently and it was a hit, actually the "widow Avery", my friend who refers to himself as a widow whenever he is going through a breakup, loved it so much, I sent him home with container full of it.


Ingredients:
1/4 extra virgin olive oil
1 medium onion
1 can chick peas
1 cup chicken broth (or vegetable broth if vegetarian)
1 12oz bag of spinach (can use more spinach, if you'd like)
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/2 teaspoon of paprika

Add oil to heavy saucepan or dutch oven, add chopped onions and cook until translucent. Add chickpeas rinsed or my preferred method is the whole can with brine and 1 cup of chicken broth. Cook until chickpeas are tender and chicken broth is reduced enough to just keep chickpeas moist. Add spinach and stir until  completely wilted. Add cumin, paprika and salt and pepper to taste. Serve on toasted or grilled bread of choice.

















No comments: